In order to exclude Order Protection products, the store needs to create a collection for all products that are eligible for discount and make discount codes only for that collection. If this exists already, skip ahead to "Creating a discount".
Creating an automated collection
- From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.
- Click Create Collection.
- In the Title section, edit the collection name and description with clear content. Eg, “All Products Available for Discount”. Because this collection will be used in the future for all discounts in order to avoid discounting Order Protection products.
- In the Collection Type section, choose Automated.
- In the Conditions section under Collection Type, change conditions of Product Type - is not equal to - Protection. This will exclude Order Protection products from collection.
- Click Save.
Creating a discount
- From your Shopify admin, go to Discounts.
- From the Discounts page, click Create discount.
- In the Discount code section, enter a name for the new discount code, for example, FLASHSALE. To generate a random discount code, click Generate code.
- In the Applies to section, select Specific Collections for what this discount applies to.
- Choose the collection created above, Eg, “All Products Available for Discount”.
- Click Add.
- Click Save discount.